Get Website Link Preview
You know the link preview cards you see on social media? This action returns the information you need to generate those in your own app!
2. Open a new tab in your browser and open up your Adalo app in the Adalo editor
3. Once open, place a test button on a screen of your choosing
4. Under the "Click Actions" for the button, select Custom Action
5. Give your action a name, such as "Get Link Preview"
6. Select the Create option from the dropdown below the Title field, then click Next
7. Copy the following URL and paste it into the Base URL field of the Custom Action
8. Set the "Method" dropdown to POST
9. Add a query parameter called Content-Type with the value application/json
10. Add another query parameter called api_key with your Adastacks API Key as the value
11. Add an Input to hold your data for the new Custom Action (You can name this whatever you like, but below is a suggestion)
12. Replace the capitalized text in the URL with the Inputs you just made using the Magic Text button in the top right of the URL field.
13. Run the test request. (See the success screenshot below). The action will return enough information about the website for you to build a website preview card complete with a title, description, and sample image.
Even test actions that fail return a "Test Successful" message so be sure to click Show Full Response to ensure the action succeeded. This is by design so that you can still save the action and return to continue setting it up later if you wish. If you do not see the results, be sure to click on Show Full Response to make sure it returns results. Then you can click on + Add Item to add missing results.
14. Save the Custom Action and add it where you need it throughout your app.