Send a code to your users' email upon signup which they will put into your app to verify their email.
Before You Start:
IMPORTANT: Please ensure the action is placed somewhere other than the Signup form itself. Adalo is still in the process of signing the user up when the action is performed, so no email address is available yet to send the verification to. Best practice is to add the action to the code screen itself or a subsequent onboarding button. Please see Part 2 of the video tutorial for more on this.
Once you implement this action in your app, you and your users must use a valid email address for signup. Best practice is to build this functionality in when you are almost finished building your app or after you have created several test users with fake emails.
Updated tutorial coming soon!
What the Email Looks Like (Sample)
1. Login to Adastacks.com and navigate to your dashboard (we'll need this for your API Key in a minute)
2. ⚠️ Be sure that you have added and verified at least one email to send from on your Adastacks dashboard. You can learn more about verifying email addresses here.
Adastacks uses Postmark to verify your sending addresses. You will receive an email from Postmark asking you to verify that you want to give Adastacks permission to use your email to send from.
Emails you authorize Adastacks to send from cannot be free or third party emails such as GMail, Yahoo, Hey, Hotmail, or iCloud. Verified emails must be legitimate emails on a different domain.
For example, [email protected]
3. Open a new tab in your browser and open up your Adalo app in the Adalo editor
4. Under the "Click Actions" for the button, select Custom Action
5. Give your action a name, such as "Send Email Verification Code"
6. Select the Create option from the dropdown below the Title field, then click Next
7. Copy the following URL and paste it into the Base URL field of the Custom Action
9. Add a query parameter called Content-Type with the value application/json
10. Add another query parameter called api_key with your Adastacks API Key as the value
11. Add Inputs to hold your data for the new Custom Action (You can name these whatever you like, but below are some suggestions)
Suggested Input Name
Suggested Input Value
Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3!
⚠️ This must be an email you have verified with Adastacks
⚠️ This must be a legitimate email or the email will bounce
For testing, you can use any URL here
Logo Storage URL
This must be a publicly accessible link to an image file (.png or .jpg is preferred)
Hello Adastacks Friend!
Below you will find the code for logging in!
Please join us for virtual tea and crumpits later!
Your Adastacks Friends
For testing, you can use your app or company name
For testing, you can put any tagline here
12. Replace the capitalized text in the URL with the Inputs you just made using the Magic Text button in the top right of the URL field.
13. Run the test request. (See the success screenshot below)
Even test actions that fail return a "Test Successful" message so be sure to click Show Full Response to ensure the action succeeded. This is by design so that you can still save the action and return to continue setting it up later if you wish.
14. Save the custom action and use it in all of your Adalo apps.